Our website terms & conditions
Information about us
Accessing the site
You may access most areas of the Site without registering your details with us. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site to users who have registered with us.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with, an identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures for accessing the Site, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
You are also responsible for ensuring the security of your user identification code, password or other information relating to your access to the Site and for ensuring that no unauthorised person has access to them or uses the Site whilst you are connected to it.
You must not use the Site in any way that breaches any applicable laws or regulations or in any way that has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
You must not:
- use the Site for any purposes other than those for which the Site is made available to you
- use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site or any equipment, network or software used in connection with the provision of the Site
Information shown on the site
We aim to update the Site from time to time and accordingly we may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
All information and other materials displayed on the Site are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to their accuracy. Accordingly, you should not rely on any such information or materials.
Use of your information
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal reference, but you must not modify or otherwise use such material in any way. You may draw the attention of other people within your organisation to material posted on the Site, as necessary for your business purposes.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
Viruses, Trojans and other offences
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (together referred to on this page as “Harmful Materials”). You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching the above provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately protected against Harmful Materials (whether by use of appropriate anti-virus software or similar, or otherwise). We will therefore not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any Harmful Materials that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it.
Links from the site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity in relation to the provision of the Site or your use of the Site, and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the use (or inability to use) or results of the use of the Site or any information shown on it, including:
- loss of business
- loss of revenue or income
- loss of contracts or profits
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- for death or personal injury arising from our negligence
- for fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation)
- for any matter if and to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
Suspension and termination
- immediate, permanent or temporary withdrawal of your right to use the Site
- immediate, permanent or temporary removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site
- legal proceedings against you for all losses arising from or in connection with the breach
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
Jurisdiction and applicable law